The main difference between Minoxidil and Finasteride is that Minoxidil combats the effects of DHT on your hair and Finasteride eliminates DHT at the source. Minoxidil increases the blood flow to the hair follicles, which can strengthen hairs and promote hair growth. It is most effective for treating hair loss at the top of the scalp. Finasteride stops the natural production of DHT as a by-product of testosterone production in men’s bodies. It is effective in treating hair loss all over the scalp, including at the hairline.
Articles in this section
- what hair loss products do you offer?
- How long does it take for Hims hair loss treatments to start working?
- Can I take the Hims products with other medications?
- What type of hair loss is Hims for?
- What is Topical Finasteride?
- What’s in the Topical Finasteride with Minoxidil?
- How do I use the Topical Finasteride with Minoxidil treatment?
- What is different about the Hims Topical Finasteride with Minoxidil solution?
- What are the potential side effects of Topical Finasteride with Minoxidil?
- How soon can I expect to see results with Topical Finasteride with Minoxidil?