Minoxidil is generally safe but, like all medicines, it can cause side effects. The most common side effects are itching and skin irritation of the treated area of the scalp. This irritation is often caused by alcohol and propylene glycol in the Minoxidil solution. The Hims unique Minoxidil solution formula does not contain alcohol and propylene glycol, which makes it much more gentle on your scalp. A full list of common potential side effects can be found on the leaflet that comes with your Minoxidil treatment. For best results, you should follow the instructions on the product information leaflet.
Articles in this section
- What hair loss products do you sell?
- How long does it take for Hims hair loss treatments to start working?
- Can I take the Hims products with other medications?
- What type of hair loss is Hims for?
- What is Topical Finasteride?
- What’s in the Topical Finasteride with Minoxidil solution?
- How do I use the Topical Finasteride with Minoxidil treatment?
- What is different about the Hims Topical Finasteride with Minoxidil formula?
- What are the potential side effects of Topical Finasteride with Minoxidil?
- How soon can I expect to see results with Topical Finasteride with Minoxidil?